The Cliff is the signature restaurant of The Sentosa Resort & Spa in Singapore and delights with contemporary cuisine inspired by the sea. Perched atop a cliff amid lush tropical greenery, this stylish sanctuary offers commanding views of the South China Sea and a welcome sense of tranquility. The restaurant's interiors, designed by famed Japanese architect Yasuhiro Koichi, combine powerful but sensual touches of glass, light, stone and water. Helmed by Chef Shawn Armstrong, The Cliff delivers a tantalizing mix of creative seafood and superb service amidst an almost magical ambience.
Chef de Cuisine Shawn Armstrong has held senior positions in top global seafood specialty restaurants, such as McCormick and Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in the US and the Oyster and Wine Bar in Hong Kong. He received his training in classical French cooking at the School of Culinary Arts in Houston, Texas. Before he joined The Cliff, Shawn was at the Taj Coral Reef, a luxury resort in The Maldives.
Chef Shawn Armstrong's menu features a selection of fresh seafood and seasonal ingredients. In addition, diners have the option of a dégustation offering of the chef's recommendations, which include the House Smoked Salmon and Tasting of Tuna.
- 21st Tourism Awards Best Tourism Host – Restaurant magazine
- World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2005 – New Restaurant of the Year
- World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2004 – Christofle New Restaurant of the Year
- Chef of the Month, April 2005 - New Asian Cuisine & Wine magazine
- GlobalChef© 2006 award – at-sunrice Culinary Academy
The Cliff is located at:
The Sentosa Resort & Spa
2 Bukit Manis Road
Sentosa, Singapore 099891
Tel: (65) 6275 0331 Fax: (65) 6275 0228